Saturday, October 23, 2010

10-6-10
Well I have been working a lot lately. A few weeks ago I had a party at my house, we had smore’s in the backyard and chatted then had some of my homemade apple pie that my friend Chris grew the apples at his house. I was happy of how it turned out! And on that Monday I did not have to work so I went up to Lake Geneva. It is about a hour away from my house. We were getting ready for the YSA party that weekend. I was putting Christmas lights up it looked really good I think. Later I took some of the kids out on the jet ski then took a ride all by myself it was really refreshing after a long day of frustration. Lol!! That Friday night we had a big YSA party (young single adults). It was at Chris’s lake house. We had about 140 people there. On Friday night we went food shopping, Saturday morning it was raining.. :( that is no good. It was still raining when people were supposed to show up.. We thought people were not going to come but the clouds broke apart and the sun came out. People came and had a blast going boating, jet skiing and playing games on the lawn. At 6pm a tour boat came and picked us up and we went for a 3 hour tour on the lake. With a dance party!! It was lots of fun I met a lot of new people. On Sunday we finished cleaning up then went home made dinner and watched a movie.. What a great weekend! The week went on just working and hanging out with Chris after work. That weekend I went over to Chris’s house and again it was raining. But when it stopped we went out to his huge garden and picked all the pumpkins! He grew a lot. I got all muddy and there was big spiders but we got them all. After that we got ready and went downtown to Chicago to Lawry’s steakhouse. It is a really fancy place. It was Chris and me, his brother Mike and his wife Nicole, an aunt and uncle, his grandma, and his parents! We had a blast it was really good food. After Mike, Nicole, Chris and I went and walked around downtown. It was fun it was my first time just walking around. Well the next Sunday I had to speak in church my topic was Family. It was invitation Sunday. When you invite friends to church. I was scared to speak it has been awhile since I have had to speak in sacrament. It was a good talk I think well that is what everyone kept telling me. General Conference weekend. I love GC weekend because you get to stay home all weekend and listen to conference! Well I went over to Chris’s house and made monkey bread! Mine did not turn out as good as moms but I thought I did a good job. then listened to Conf. After Mike, Nicole, Chris and I went out to dinner we went to this great BBQ place. Then the boys went to Priesthood and we went shopping.. Lol!! I bought some cute stuff! Sunday I made Quiche! Yep another one of moms best on conf. Weekend. We went out and picked some apples and made fresh apple cider for breakfast. It was super good! We are going to make a lot more this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment