Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 4, 2010
Then mom came to visit!! That was so much fun. Chris and I picked her up from the airport. So get this I called her and went in to the terminal talking to her on the phone. I snuck up behind her and scared her.. She slapped me across the face! Well kinda she kinda realized it was me in mid-air. It was mean of me to sneak up on her but it was so funny. She met the family that night and the next day we took all 4 kids to the Field Museum (its like the one in NYC that they filmed Night at the Museum) it was fun we were there all day. Then we saw this really cool fountain then went home. It was a really long day with all the kids and my back still hurt really bad. On wed it was Beverly’s 1st birthday so we celebrated it. We had everyone over for dinner the whole family it was fun. On Thursday we cleaned up the house and then took the kids to Bama’s house (gma) then we went up to Lake Geneva for the afternoon. We had dinner up there and then went on a boat ride and saw the sun set. It was beautiful. Then we came home and packed and went to the city that night. We spent the night at my friends apt. we got there late but it was better then sitting in traffic all morning. We woke up and went to the Shedd Aquarium it was sooooo cool I loved it. I could go there again. We saw lots of cool animals. We spent most of the day there. But we also had to go to the Planetarium that was not as cool just all about planets so did not spend to much time there. Then I had a surprise for mom. So we went back to the car and changed our clothes. Then we walked down to the pier and she figured out that we were going sailing!!! We went for a 2 hour sailing ride. We saw the skyline of Chicago from the lake it was really cool. We went to sleep after then on sat morning we went to the museum of Science and Industry. It was way cool. There was so much to see there. I would go back. Then we went to Sears Tower. They have this really cool part that you stand on glass and you can see everything under you. It was really cool but mom was scared that it was going to break and we would fall to our death. Lol!! It was funny :) we saw the sun set up there it was beautiful. After that we went to White Castles it is a burger joint that Grandpa took mom to when she was a kid. Well I just put the address into the GPS and it took us to this really scary part of town. We were the only white people that we could see for a long time. We got our burgers and got out of there. Mom was freaking out the whole time. She was so funny to watch. I guess you had to be there but I almost peed my pants!! Then we drove home! Sunday we went to church. Then we went to the temple but it was closed for maintenance but one of the locks on the gate was unlocked. So we walked around the temple!! Oops!! Lol!! :) it was really fun! Then we went over to the Peterson’s house for Brunch. They always make Brunch for some people in there ward she invited us to come. On Monday we stuck around the house and that night Chris made us dinner it was really good. And Tue I had to take mom to the airport. I did not want her to go home but she had to.








No comments:

Post a Comment